This email came into my inbox yesterday, and yesterday evening, I learned that it probably arrived for a reason. My grandfather passed away last night. And it made me think how lucky I was when I last visited with him, a couple of years ago at the family cottage, where he was always the most happy. I’m grateful that this is how I will always remember him, and for the time we spent together that week in July.
So here is what you do. Set your timer for 10 minutes. Write down everything you are grateful for. Apparently you are supposed to be able to get to 99. I guess I wrote too much for each one.
The Grateful Challenge
1. My family, both near and far. Even if I don’t get to see everyone as often as I’d like, I’m still grateful they are here and have been a part of my life.
2. My spouse. He makes me laugh every single day, even when I don’t feel like laughing. And he loves me for who I am.
3. My friends. No matter how infrequently we talk, we can pick up right where we left off and everything is cool.
4. My boys (BB, TS and CR). You guys were exactly what I needed in high school, and even though our visits are few and far between, nothing ever changes and you are still so important to me.
5. Discovering that despite Starbucks’ discontinuation of the Chocolate Chai, I can still have it (order a chai latte with a pump of mocha. Yum!).
6. All of my bosses, past and present. You opened my eyes to what is possible in the world of PR and communications, pushed me to be the best I can be, and have given me so many great opportunities.
9. Running in the sunshine.
10. People who shovel their sidewalks for those times when I’m running not in the sunshine.
11. Ucluelet. You have amazing fishing and have giving me great memories.
12. Music – it’s my escape, my creative bump, my mental lubrication.
13. Mountains for making me think I’m a great photographer…and for giving me a place to visit and explore.
14. Chocolate…see description for #12.
15. Coloured pens. Life would be boring if I could only write in black and blue.
16. My passport. It lets me explore the world.
17. Memories. Without them, we would be nothing. They define who we were, who we are and where we are going.
18. Two comforters on a bed. So cozy!
19. Coffee…see description for #12.
20. Netflix. Because cable TV sucks.
21. Lululemon Wunder Unders. You make getting dressed on the weekend that much easier. And running in the winter that much warmer.